What is a career coach?
A career coach is a trained professional who provides expert advice, support and guidance to those who are seeking career success.
A career coach is an objective observer and listener who can often see situations more clearly than the client. A career coach concentrates on where clients are now and helps them develop goals, plans, and action steps toward some future employment or career goal.
A career coach is dedicated to giving you the tools needed for career success. A career coach will challenge you to do your best, work with you through the tough times, empower you to reach your goals, and celebrate with you as you achieve success. A career coach works for you, helping you achieve all your goals and aspirations. Having a career coach is an investment in yourself and your future.
A good analogy is to compare a career coach to an athletic coach. Even the best athletes in the world need coaches to guide them to the next level; they need someone who will listen to them, assess their situation, and push their performance to the peak of their potential.
As your career coach, I will help you:
- Administer and interpret career assessments and inventories to assess work values, interests, skills and competencies
- Develop specific career paths with experience, knowledge, abilities, and skills defined
- Resolve issues such as lack of self-confidence, poor self-discipline and time management
- Create career development plans to grow and learn
- Kick-start a stagnant career
- Prepare a résumé
- Identify and reach personal and professional goals
- Identify your career purpose and values
- Learn to navigate the information superhighway to open doors to your future
- Learn interview strategies and techniques
- Learn how to search for a job….where to go, what to do, and cut through the clutter
- Learn how to network
- With personal branding and learning the value of LinkedIn
- Understand and optimize your online presence
While no one can guarantee you a job, I can guarantee that you will be better equipped to tackle the ever changing job market
How does the process work?
Preparation: All clients are required to complete an intake questionnaire. This will help jumpstart the process by given me needed information about you and your career.
Consultation: During our initial consultation we will review your intake questionnaire and discuss your needs, expectations and design a program customized for you.
Sessions: Each session will last 50-55 minutes. This time has been reserved for you and clients are expected to attend. Missed or cancelled sessions without 24 hours notice, will be charged $50
Homework: Often homework will be assigned to be completed between sessions. Coaching isn’t telling you what you need/should do but rather designed to motivate you through self exploration in order to achieve your goals. This is an interactive program and you will need to dedicate time between sessions in order to achieve maximum results