LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with over 467 million members worldwide and more than 128 million members in United States. More than 4 million companies have LinkedIn Company Pages. If you are not already on LinkedIn, now is the time to join.
As a LinkedIn user, you need to ensure your profile is seen and stands out from the crowd. Since, most people don’t like to write about themselves, they end up with a profile that reads like a résumé, but your LinkedIn profile is so much more. It is your opportunity to engage your audience and build your professional brand. LinkedIn can be an incredible asset to your professional and business development and profiles should be different from résumés. After all, LinkedIn is a different medium.
In today’s world, social networking is an essential part of our lives. Career professionals tend to underestimate the effectiveness of being present in social media. LinkedIn demonstrates an important change in how social networking influences people’s professional lives and careers. Today, LinkedIn is an effective tool to form your online individuality and grow your network.
Some interesting LinkedIn statistics:
- 94% of recruiters use LinkedIn to find candidates
- Over 6.5 million active job listings
- 7% of LinkedIn users find it moderately to extremely useful in growing their network
- 93% of Fortune 500 corporations use LinkedIn
- Over 3 million LinkedIn groups
- 106 million monthly unique visitors to LinkedIn
- Your profile is 17 times more likely to be viewed if you list skills
- Your profile is 21 times more likely to be viewed if you include a photo
LinkedIn will help you:
- Brand/position yourself in the job market
- Network with people in your industry
- Increase your chances of being headhunted by recruiters
- Uncover job opportunities, contract/freelance work and word of mouth referrals
- Get ‘inside’ career information, company information and latest industry news
- Connect with recruiters, hiring managers and HR Managers
- Increase your visibility on the internet
- Exchange knowledge and ideas with people in your industry
- Access a database of advertised jobs
- Stay in touch with contacts and potential employers
As part of my service, you will receive a complete LinkedIn Profile. I begin by interviewing you about your career goals, work history and achievements. I then develop a professional LinkedIn Profile for you, tailored for your industry. I will show you how to take full advantage of all the incredible features LinkedIn has to offer, giving you a competitive edge over other candidates. You will learn how to find and connect with key industry contacts including recruiters and HR Managers. You will also learn how to access ‘inside’ company information, helping you to produce more tailored job applications and stand out in interviews.
You will receive:
- A professional keyword optimized profile that highlights your strengths and achievements.
- A personal online brand that will set you apart from your competitors.
- Higher rankings on LinkedIn to make you more visible to recruiters and employers.
- A list of suggested groups to help you grow your network and make new contacts.