Happy 2019! I hope your new year is full of prosperity. As we turn the page on another year, it is a good time to reflect on all the positives and some challenges that defined 2018.
A new year brings new optimism, new challenges, and new adventures. As a career coach, I encourage people to review and set new career and personal goals on a quarterly basis. What is going well and where do you need to improve?
The first of the year is a great time to do a career health checkup. Some questions to ask yourself:
- Did you accomplish what you set out to do in 2018? If not, why? What could you have done differently?
- Does your current employer still offer you the same excitement, challenges, and growth as a year ago? If not, what are you doing about it?
- Is your salary still competitive in today’s landscape?
- What are your goals for 2019 and what do you need to do to accomplish those goals?
- If you are actively pursuing new employment, are you ready to capitalize on the first of the year hiring blitz? Is your résumé updated and LinkedIn profile optimized for your job search?
- Does your résumé meet the standards of an effective résumé for today’s job search? Or does your résumé look like it stepped out of 1995.
- Are you working daily on building your network? If not, what are you waiting for? There are over 590 million members on LinkedIn just waiting to connect
Remember, every accomplishment begins with the decision to start.
Connect with All★Star Career Services on Social Media
All★Star Career Services is now on Instagram! Follow us at allstarcareerservices
Like All★Star Career Services on Facebook here
Follow us on Twitter here
Connect with us on LinkedIn here
All★Star Career Services has partnered with PayPal to offer qualified buyers, 6 month, same-as-cash financing for purchases over $99. Contact me for more details