Key Strategies for Job Fair Sucess – Questions to Ask Employers
Following are some general questions you may want to ask company representatives you meet at the Job Fair. Choose questions that seem most appropriate to the particular employer and weave them into the conversation. Don’t make this an interrogation of the employer!
- What are some of your company goals for the coming year?
- How long have you been with the company?
- What made you choose this company (or what do you like best about working here)?
- What does your company consider to be the five most important qualities in an employee?
- What personality traits are important for success in this company?
- Does your company hire on a continual basis or just at certain times of the year?
- What is the best way to apply to your company?
- How long does the hiring process take?
- What percentage of applicants are eventually hired?
- What is the best way to follow up with you after the job fair?
- Can you suggest anyone else I should talk with about employment opportunities?