Key Strategies for Job Fair Success – Company Research Checklist
Before going to an interview, you should be able to answer the following questions about the prospective company:
- What are the company’s major products and services?
- Who are the company’s customers?
- Who are the company’s major competitors?
- What is the company’s standing in the marketplace?
- What are some of the company’s recent success stories?
- What problems is the company trying to solve?
- What is the company culture like?
- What is the industry/company jargon?
- Is the company privately or publicly owned? Is it an independent organization or part of a larger conglomerate? Who are the parent companies and subsidiaries, if any?
- How big is the company? Has it grown or declined over the past five years? Are they hiring or laying people off?
- What kinds of positions comprise their organizational structure?
- What is the typical interviewing process and hiring process at the company?