LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with over 810 million members worldwide and more than 185 million members in the United States. More than 57 million companies have LinkedIn Company Pages. If you are not already on LinkedIn, now is the time to join.
With over 810 million members, you need to ensure your profile is seen and stands out from the crowd. Since most people don’t like to write about themselves, they end up with a profile that reads like a job description, but your LinkedIn profile is so much more. It is your opportunity to engage your audience and build your professional brand. LinkedIn can be an incredible asset to your professional and business development, and your profiles should be uniquely you.
In today’s world, social networking is an essential part of our lives. Career professionals tend to underestimate the effectiveness of being present in social media. LinkedIn demonstrates an important change in how social networking influences people’s professional lives and careers. Today, LinkedIn is an effective tool to form your online individuality and grow your network.
LinkedIn will help you:
- Brand/position yourself in the job market
- Network with people in your industry
- Increase your chances of being headhunted by recruiters
- Uncover job opportunities, contract/freelance work, and word of mouth referrals
- Get ‘inside’ career information, company information, and the latest industry news
- Connect with recruiters, hiring managers, and HR Managers
- Increase your visibility on the internet
- Exchange knowledge and ideas with people in your industry
- Access a database of advertised jobs
- Stay in touch with contacts and potential employers
As a Nationally Certified Online Profile Expert (NCOPE), I develop a complete custom LinkedIn profile from the ground up, including custom headlines, summary, job content, and skill set that is fully optimized for recruiter searches and to increase your visibility.
In addition to the Linkedin profile, as part of the Gold package, you receive 60 minutes of career coaching services that can be utilized for LinkedIn instruction including:
- How to take full advantage of all the incredible features LinkedIn has to offer, giving you a competitive edge over others
- Find out how to connect with key industry contacts, including recruiters and HR Managers
- Learn how to access “inside” company information, helping you to produce more tailored job applications and stand out in interviews
- Be the first to learn about new jobs, even before they are officially posted
- Learn how to increase your likelihood of being selected for an interview when applying to one of the over 15 million jobs posted on LinkedIn